Mixed Media Winners
We started the March Scrapbooker’s Club by defining ‘Art’ and who is an artist! We established we are all artists and we all started somewhere (I even got brave and shared my very first albums). We also learnt to not be so hard on ourselves and not compare our work to others, instead self-critique your work and learn from others.
The layouts and pieces of ART that were presented at the Scapbooker’s Club were outstanding and everyone did an amazing job. Peter was the lucky one to pick his favourite 5 this month.
So congratulations to….
Debby Williams - Winner for dreaming
You are the lucky winner of an American Crafts Prize Pack, come on in and collect your prize.
The Paper Flourish Girls
Tracey & Tania's Mixed Media
All the layouts can be viwed over on our Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/media/set/?set=a.405666086112448.105442.257842414228150&type=1
Fantasy or Fairy-tale
we meet on Friday 27th April @ 1:00pm, if you cant make it to the club meeting, drop your layout off or email tracey a photo :) email@example.com
1. Become observant
· Identify what you like, then think about why
· Adapt these techniques and principals into your own work
· Get out of a rut by trying something new and different
· Challenge yourself or come along to Scrapbooker’s Club and be challenged
2. Remove the attachment from your work
· Trust your instinct
· Be picky
· Don’t brush off minor errors
· Pay attention to the detail
· Ask a fellow crafter for their opinion
· Don’t be discouraged
3. Do I like it?
· What parts do I like?
· What feelings does this convey & why?
· How would you make it better next time?
· What would I change?
· If you think something is wrong, it probably is
· Sleep on it and it will probably be obvious in the morning
4. You are a ‘Paper Artist’
Composition & Design
D – Design
· Overall design
· Rule of thirds
U – Unity
· All the embellishments that make up your design
· Does your eye panic?
· Is there flow so your eye can see everything?
· What catches your eye first?
· Create a path for the eye to follow
B – Balance
· Is there balance in the colour & pattern?
· Is everything weighted well (you need a lot of light or weigh? out a little bit of dark)
· Number of elements in 1, 3, 5 etc..
V – Variety
· Add interest
· Fine line between and the balance of the number of elements on your page