Thursday 5 July 2012

Scrapbookers Club July Theme & Layered Title Element Technique

I am a huge fan of layering and I thought I would share my love with the group.  Basically, I took a range of coordinating papers and a piece of cardstock and cut several different shapes in different sizes with a selection of my favourite dies through the Big Shot. 

I then layered them on top of each other from largest on the bottom to smallest on the top with foam dots. I then added some flowers and a fussy cut element from the challenge piece of paper.  

If you don’t have a Big Shot or Cuttlebug machine – it isn’t a worry. You can simply trace around household items, use any stencils or masks to make shapes, or even just cut some on your trimmer. J
So all you need to do is add a couple of layers to your title.

Big Shot die cutting and layering

Have fun with the new challenge, see you all Friday 17 July @ 1:00pm if you can make it
Mandii

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mandii, I am still a little confused about this month's challenge. I get the element part but the description doesn't mention you have to do a layout. You do mention that you have fussy cut an element from the challenge paper. What challenge paper? I'm not able to come to the club meet as I work so have I missed something?
    Cheers
    Ngaire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved watching you create your title element Mandii! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete